I'll be honest as I begin this post; I could write for days about all of the things floating around Facebook and the internet, especially when it comes to the attacks flung at anyone who sees a distinction between the Church and Israel (Dispensationalists).
So, I want to share three reasons in this post why I, and others who are dispensational, are NOT part of a satanic cult.
1. I affirm that salvation is solely by faith alone in Christ alone; nothing more, nothing less.
This is a point I blogged about last month, but it's a point that is well worth repeating over and over again. The criteria for a person to be declared righteous before God is faith in Jesus Christ as the One who died for sin. 2 Corinthians 5:21 Anyone who believes becomes a brother or sister in Christ. The criteria says nothing about whether one is a Covenant theologian, or a Dispensational theologian, or any other theologian. If a person places their faith solely upon Jesus Christ as their Substitute for the payment of sin, they are saved. I have yet to meet a dispensationalist who does not believe this.
2. I affirm the Deity of Jesus Christ (John 10:28-31), which is the only way I could place my faith in Him as Savior anyway! If Christ is not God, He could not have paid for sin (mine or anyone else). He would have had His own sin to atone for, but He didn't have any.
3. I affirm that Jesus Christ will return. This is a point that has long been debated, and my point here is not to debate this particular thing, but to point out that dispensationalists believe, as Covenant people do, and others, that Jesus will return. It's a fact. Acts 1:9-11.
There are many other reasons I could list here, but due to time I cannot in this post.
I'm a dispensationalist, who graduated from a school that taught and teaches dispensationalism. Contrary to what some say, I'm not a satanic cult member.
I'm redeemed by the blood of Jesus. I'm made clean because He died for me. I have hope because He gave it to me. I have a future because of Him. And He deserves all the glory for all of that. When He says those things in Scripture, I take Him literally.
No comments:
Post a Comment